Spotify Releases New Music Podcast "Mic Check"

 On the heels of releasing a music podcast called Discover This early this week, Spotify has now debuted its brand-new podcast series, “Spotify: Mic Check” - a series billed as "connecting listeners and fans globally in unique ways." 


Mic Check podcast


 According to Spotify, "Mic Check features intimate conversations with musicians and podcast creators from around the world, the show will include exclusive recordings and personal stories in their own words. Upcoming guests on the podcast include Kendra Pierre Louis and Alex Blumberg of the “How To Save A Planet” podcast along with several other notable names. 

 

The premiere episode invites listeners into the mind of rising singer-songwriter, Julia Wolf - fresh off of selling out her first show at the Moroccan Lounge in Los Angeles and being part of  Spotify’s initial class of “Fresh Finds” artists for its independent artists’ marketing program. 

 

During the episode, Julia Wolf intimately shares her personal victories and struggles as an emerging artist and details how recording music from her bedroom over the last 18 months has helped her connect with fans in a unique way. 

Julia Wolf shares the mission of her music. “The whole message of my music is derived from a lot of experiences where people have underestimated me. And it's just made me so determined to share with people that shyness is not a negative thing.” 


Julia Wolf on how Spotify’s Fresh Finds program helped to raise her profile as a musician.“The Fresh Finds program has been unreal for a small independent artist like myself to have Spotify be so supportive and find me and not based things off of stream count or follower count, but just on the message of the artist and the music they make. I just admire them so much for that. And their whole team has been so supportive.”

 Julia Wolf on growing her following virtually. “Growing the fan base from my bedroom was pretty surreal because I was working a day job pre-pandemic, and it was so difficult to really put my all into it. But then once I had to stay home because of quarantine, I was able to fully dive in. Recording in my bedroom, releasing videos that my sister would film of me. And people started liking it, and I was able to finally have the time to interact with everyone. That's what was so key for me. I feel like a lot of my fans are girls, especially younger girls, high school, college that are growing up the same way I did.


You can listen to the debut episode here.

 

 

 

Comments