Spotify's “Mic Check” Podcast Talks with Russian Hip Hop Artist, Everthe8th

 “Spotify: Mic Check” had a successful first season by connecting fans with the world’s biggest creators from around the globe through exclusively intimate conversations. 

In its first episode of its new season, Spotify: Mic Check” interviewed Palestinian singer-songwriter and guitarist, Rasha Nahas 

In the second episode, Spotify: Mic Check”- a series aimed at connecting listeners and fans with the world’s biggest creators- is traversing the globe to speak with Russia’s leading hip-hop artist and producer, Timur Bubeev AKA Everthe8th

Mic Check podcast

 
Recently recruited into Spotify’s RADAR program, Everth8th shares with listeners his incredible journey from growing up in one of the world’s coldest climates to becoming one of Russia’s hottest rappers. 

 

In addition, Everthe8th discusses his transition from writing his lyrics in Russian to English, the inspiration behind building his first studio, his new album collaboration, and more.  You can listen to the full episode here.

Below are the interview highlights in the episode: 

 

 KEY MOMENTS 


  • Everthe8th shares his experience growing up in the coldest part of the world
    • “I also remember when it was like something about 40 degrees, when you were in a bus feeling like taking a breath of fresh air and you open up the windows, the wind feels like a hair dryer blows straight into your face, and it doesn't seem to be like something unbearable for locals. Such conditions made me tough and I love this place.”
  • Everthe8th on his inspiration to becoming a rapper
    • “I remember I started listening to music when I was 12. I was heavily influenced by my father. He loved classical music and jazz. Also, my mom was an artist, so I was growing in the creative family and they supported me when I decided to make music and I loved them so much. When I was 14, I got an MP3 player with underground rap music, with tracks by Russian rappers from St. Petersburg. And these got me so pumped that I tried writing my own bars first in Russian and then in English.”
  • Everthe8th explains why he writes his raps in English
    • “I realize my first language is Russian. And I also write songs in it, I really love it. Actually, it's a very powerful language with its own rules and phonetics. Have you ever heard about Russian poets and writers - the real MCs of their time? I'm not saying that Russian flow is worse than English. But the mother-core of rap lies in the English language. So why not try?”
  • Everthe8th on dreams of traveling abroad.
    • “However, I don't want to fool myself with expectations. It seems many things will become clearer when I get there. I know it for sure. I think this is just the beginning because I have never been abroad. Just imagine what will happen when I go to the States. But there's no harm in dreaming. So dream on.”

 

Listen to Spotify: Mic Check here

Comments