Pod-Alization: Yeah, I F*cked That Up with A Tony Winner; The King's Reign About LeBron Debuts

 The latest F* Up on Yeah, I F*cked That Up


Interval Presents, Warner Music Group’s (WMG) in-house podcast network, has a new series, Yeah, I F*cked That Up, which challenges the stigma of failure as the podcast highlights stories of defeat from prominent figures in the entertainment industry.

The interview series premiered July 11 with featured guests Kelly Rowland and Steven Van Zandt.

I listened to these first two episodes and with no need for a spoiler alert, I can tell you that both episodes are so fresh and elegant in their narrative about "what I've would have different."

The maestro here is the podcast's host is Grammy-nominated hitmaker Billy Mann, who has produced and written songs for some of the world’s most well-known musicians over the course of his 25+ year career.

Mann dazzles as he carefully guides his guests through their journey of self-reflection. When you're a podcast host, and you're interviewing a guest about how they became a billionaire, you just ask a few perfunctory questions and enjoy the ride.

When you're talking to a guest about mistakes, screw-ups, or decisions they'd take back, the journey can get bumpy. Thankfully, Mann is a pilot who navigates the show even in the most intense storms.

This week’s episode of Interval Presents’ new celebrity interview series, "Yeah, I F*cked That Up," features special guest Renée Elise Goldsberry.

Renée Elise Goldsberry may never be satisfied. Yes, she won a Tony and Grammy for her role as Angelica Schuyler in one of the most celebrated Broadway shows ever, Hamilton, but the path there was paved with “no’s.” Host Billy Mann talks with Renée about the failures she’s faced head on, and the enormous weight of trying to build a career and family at the same time.

On Renee's pivotal choice: Broadway's Paper Moon or Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour, “I was graduating with two possibilities, two jobs, and I was freaking out. And I was so upset because I had two choices of what to do, and I didn't know what to do, and I thought I was going to let somebody down and myself.”

During the episode, Renee shared how she was reluctant to audition for Hamilton. “First of all, I didn't think they'd cast me anyway. Thought I was too old, you know…I thought I'm going to be happily be sitting in the audience with my baby.”

Tune in HERE to catch the Tony Award-winning Hamilton star discuss her time on Broadway and the weight of trying to build a career while balancing personal relationships.

New episodes of Yeah, I F*cked That Up air every Tuesday.

 

The Life Of LeBron On A King's Reign Debuts 

American sports fans are obsessed with GOATS. Not the animal, although they are "baaad," but the "greatest of all-time" discussions. Here's a new podcast that goes full-on GOAT, and takes the added step of looking at the athlete's life before celebrity.

A King’s Reign
,” a new podcast series from The Athletic, takes a look back at LeBron James’s unprecedented career.


In this groundbreaking narrative podcast series, a team of all-star sports journalists come together to highlight the important stories from LeBron’s legendary 20-season run as the face of the NBA with insights from the people who grew up with, lockered next to, campaigned with, toasted victory and cried in defeat with arguably the greatest basketball player of all time.

Episodes feature original reporting from The Athletic’s deep bench of experts, including David Aldridge, Sam Amick, Marcus Thompson II, Joe Vardon, Jason Lloyd, Zach Harper, the “No Dunks” podcast crew, and more.

In the introductory episode, senior NBA writer Joe Vardon details LeBron’s humble upbringing in Akron and his never-before-seen stardom in high school, up through the hopes of a franchise pinned on the mere possibility of being able to draft him out of its own backyard.

From now through July 28, the 12-episode series will dive into LeBron’s high school prospect days to his unique rivalry with Steph Curry, his cultural impact as a “meme generator,” and more.

Listeners can find A King’s Reign on The Athletic NBA Show feed.

 

Graphic of headphones over a podcast mic with a frequency wave in the background

 

Comments