"Yeah, I F***ed That Up," With Actor Evan Handler Just Dropped

   Interval Presents, Warner Music Group’s (WMG) in-house podcast network, has a new series, Yeah, I F*cked That Up, which challenges the stigma of failure as the podcast highlights stories of defeat from prominent figures in the entertainment industry.

The interview series premiered July 11 with featured guests Kelly Rowland and Steven Van Zandt.

I've listened to every episode and with no need for a spoiler alert, I can tell you that both episodes are so fresh and elegant in their narrative about "what I've would have different."

The maestro here is the podcast's host is Grammy-nominated hitmaker Billy Mann, who has produced and written songs for some of the world’s most well-known musicians over the course of his 25+ year career.

This week’s new episode of Interval Presents’ Yeah, I F***ed That Up,’ with actor Evan Handler just dropped.

In this most recent episode, host Billy Mann chats with Evan Handler about his career moments from walking off the stage in the middle of a Broadway production to more than 30 years later, firmly solidifying his spot as a fan-favorite on the Sex and the City revival And Just Like That…

Check out a clip from the episode HERE.

Episode Highlights:

● 4:10 - Evan discusses his famous Broadway walk-off and working with Nicol Williamson during their Broadway production of “I Hate Hamlet” in 1991.

Evan Handler - “I wasn’t [at] the top of their list to play the lead in this thing. You know, it brings up the classic questions of how much of yourself do you sacrifice in order to get a position that you want, that hasn’t been open to you in the past and that you’re hoping to break through with? Whether it’s you’re taking a job because of the money, you’re taking a job because of the status, at that point in my life approaching 30-years-old, my mindset was I have done what felt like countless off-Broadway shows, good dramas, which I thought I had excelled in and did well, but I still was not getting recognized the way I wanted to.”

16:00 - Evan talks about how he started to write after “I Hate Hamlet,” and wrote a book called Time On Fire that told the story of his dreadful illness, leukemia. This led to Evan’s encounter with Mike Nichols…

24:22 - Billy asks Evan what it was like to do more sex scenes as he got older, and Evan shares how Sex and the City changed his career.

Evan Handler - “So Sex and the City altered things tremendously. They did a really clever thing in making a storyline for Kristin Davis that she comes upon the kind of guy she’s always thought she wanted in a package that doesn’t fit her preconceived idea of what her man should be…they had just about cast somebody else when I flew in to audition for it is the story that I heard. When I first read it, I think the character description was Harry Goldenblatt is overbearing, something overbearing, and unattractive.”

31:46 - Evan chats the second season of the Sex and the City revival And Just Like That…

 


 

Comments