Season 2 Of “Living & Learning With Reba McEntire" Launches With Two Episodes

 Spotify premiered the second season of, “Living & Learning with Reba McEntire” with country music icon and host Reba McEntire as the podcast releases the first two episodes simultaneously. 

Reba McEntire podcast

 
In the premiere episode, Reba is joined by her boyfriend Rex Linn, for an interesting conversation since this is the first time the two of them are letting fans get to know them as a couple as they discuss how the deaths of their mothers brought them closer, their careers, “coffee camp,” and more.  

In episode two, McEntire interviews fellow country icon Trisha Yearwood. In addition to a brilliant country music career, Yearwood has a robust career as a cookbook author and, of course, is the spouse of country music great Garth Brooks.

  You can listen to the series HERE.

Below are highlights of the interview with McEntire and her boyfriend Rex Linn. 

Reba and Rex on how they connected through the death of their mothers decades apart:

Reba: “It was later on that I was texting you about MaMa, we had just found out that she has bladder cancer and you said ‘you just feel free to call me anytime you want to talk’ and I just quit texting and we’ve been talking ever since.”

Rex: “Let me just add to that. In 1998, my mom passed away and the day that we buried her we went back to mom’s house..my sister walks up and says ‘you got a phone call’ and I said ‘now, right now?’ And she said ‘I think you probably want to take this.’ So I went back in my old bedroom that I grew up in, sat on the bed and it was Reba. And she said ‘I understand what you’re going through today. I just wanted to talk to you.’ We talked for about 25 minutes and I never forgot it. It was amazing and it was uplifting. It was really special and little did I know 20 years later, 21 years later, I’d be doing the same thing with her.. But I never forgot that. And that's  why I said to you ‘if you ever want to talk just give me a call.’” 

   

Reba and Rex on how they made their relationship work during the pandemic from their “Coffee Camp” to special food deliveries by “Sugar Tot”:

Reba: “It was a very special relationship, us getting to know each other without any physical aspect to it at all. We’d talk in the morning, we started ‘Coffee Camp’ while I was staying in Oklahoma... We haven't missed a ‘Coffee Camp’ since March 16th”

Rex: “When she says we haven't missed a ‘Coffee Camp,’ we have never missed a ‘Coffee Camp’ since we started..I was in California she was in Tennessee and sometimes my ‘Coffee Camp’ started at three a.m. but man I have never missed one, I don't wanna miss one.”

  Rex: “Speaking of quarantine, I sent you food during quarantine a lot of times. I was trying to find a way to connect with you other than us three hours a day talking with one another, which was great and it allowed us to develop an emotional intimacy through those months and weeks. But I would send you food from all over the country cause I'm a foodie and you’re a foodie. I was thinking last night, what was your favorite food that I sent you?”

Reba: “Well the first one you sent was the pecan pie..we were flabbergasted cause that was such a good pecan pie.. I kept the box it came in and everything, your note. We were thrilled to death for the UPS or federal express or any kind of delivery person driving up the hill. Marc would ask me that morning ‘Is Rex sending anything?’ So it was pecan pie, it was lobster rolls, it was McConnell’s ice cream from California. So which was my favorite, they were all great but what was prolonged, we got to have it more often, was the McConnell’s ice cream.”

 

Rex on what inspired his acting career, which Reba learns about for the first time on the podcast:

Rex: “Everyone says ‘I bet John Wayne was a big influence’ on me.. John Wayne was an influence on me later on but Clayton Moore and ‘The Lone Ranger’ I mean I knew I wasn't going to be good enough to be a cowboy... And then I saw ‘The Lone Ranger'. I saw Clayton Moore and he was on a white horse and he had a mask on and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Well, eventually I start asking mom and dad ‘where is he..what ranch does he work on.’ She said ‘well he’s in a movie studio and I’m thinking ‘well I want to be one of those’ and then I saw the ‘Wolfman’ I saw Lon Chaney Jr. play the Wolf Man that scared me. And I said ‘where is the Wolf Man’ and they said ‘that’s an actor and he’s putting on a wolf man mask’ and I thought, what I could at 5 or 7 years old, ‘that’s gotta be the greatest job in all the world’ so that’s how I started.”

Reba: “I didn't know that!”

 

Reba and Rex end the premiere episode by playing a game that covered how much they knew about each other from their guilty pleasure on Netflix to their favorite song along with how they communicate and more.

New episodes drop every Monday, only on Spotify. 

Comments